A total of 515 fines for Covid-19 breaches have been issued to people in the Roscommon/Longford Garda division new figures show.
Nationally the figures show that over 3,900 fines have been issued to date to people attending or organising house parties and gatherings.
Nationally there have also been
- 14,749 €100 fines for non-essential travel
- 57 €2,000 fines for international travel to airports and ports
- 1,227 €500 fines for non-essential journeys to airports/ports – the total number of €100 and €500 fines for non-essential journeys to airports/ports is 1,602
- 886 €500 fines for organising an event (house party etc.) and 3,045 €150 fines for attending a house party
- 382 fines of €80 each for not wearing a face covering
- 421 fines of €100 for non-essential travel by persons not ordinarily resident in the State
“An Garda Síochána continues to find groups gathering (house parties, social gatherings, exercise etc.) in breach of regulations. Gatherings of this nature are still a breach of regulations and continue to risk the health of the individuals involved, their families and loved ones. These actions have the potential to jeopardize the recovery of the country from the Covid-19 pandemic,” said a spokesperson.